Atheist Ministers

John Loftus shared an interesting link over at Debunking Christianity on the topic of ministers who are atheists, yet find themselves in the position of leading a church.

Here is the actual link to the ABC News story. I think a lot of the regular readers here can empathise with "Jack" and "Adam" - certainly I do. And I'm not even sure that they are in the wrong job - perhaps they are very much in the right job, and if the Central Thesis of CJCA is correct, many of their congregation probably feel the same way.

1 comment:

  1. I can certainly empathize.

    They are staring at chaos, just on their horizon, and have no recourse. Way of life, family, circle of friends, all based on one particular, shaky idea.

    I'm with you on the job idea. Their commitment to serving a community is still inspirational and necessary. It's just a matter of lightening up on the 'belief' thing and focusing on the serving thing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - not rude or off-topic. I have allowed anonymous postings for now, but if it gets a bit mad, I might need to change that. I reserve the right to delete comments if the thread is getting a wee bit out of hand - sorry for that. However, ideas welcome!