As quiet as Mars here...?

Thanks for sticking with this, those of you who are still around! As you'll have noticed, things have been a little quiet around here lately. I hope to get some more material up fairly shortly - no shortage of good ideas, but you know the typical quandary of things failing between neuron and keyboard...
Anyway, here is a little song I wrote about Mars exploration - I hope you like it:


The justification for putting this on here is that when I was a theistic Christian I did sometimes wonder what the vanilla "traditional" Christianity should make of interplanetary travel and colonisation. Would the Rapture on Earth happen at the same time as on other planets? Would other planets be "unfallen" (as C.S. Lewis mused in the "Out of the Silent Planet" fantasy trilogy)? Indeed, could we see the effects of the Fall, as the wavefront of sin impacted on them? Is the Speed of Sin the same as the speed of light?

Looking back from the perspective of the Christian Atheist, this all seems rather silly. But, as I hint in the song, the trail of our footprints leads back to the Turkana clay, and some day we'll have to decide whether we are simply Children of the Earth or Children of the Stars.

Groovy, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - not rude or off-topic. I have allowed anonymous postings for now, but if it gets a bit mad, I might need to change that. I reserve the right to delete comments if the thread is getting a wee bit out of hand - sorry for that. However, ideas welcome!